COMMUNITY MARKETS GUIDELINES FOR GIVING
Community Markets are deeply involved in the communities where our stores are located. The continued success of our company is linked to the vitality of the areas in which we operate. We want the communities we serve to be the best they can be, for the benefit of our associates and our customers.
We’re presently focusing our contribution efforts on these key areas (we don’t exclude other concerns, but funding for them is limited):
- Support for young people so they can become healthy, productive, independent adults. This includes support of various academic programs.
- Support for programs that enhance the appreciation, participation and/or the knowledge of the arts, humanities or science.
- Food provisions for the needy.
- Economic development efforts to keep our communities strong.
INTERESTED IN RECEIVING A GRANT? HERE’S WHAT TO DO….
Think about your request. Does it fit with our key goals described above?
You may submit your request online (we prefer that), or you can print it out and mail to: Community Requests, Fresh Encounter, Inc. 317 West Main Cross Street, Findlay, Ohio 45840,
Plan ahead and please be patient. Our Community Grant Committee meets once each month to consider many requests. If your request does not arrive in time for our monthly meeting, it will be held until the next month’s meeting.
SORRY, BUT WE ARE UNABLE TO GIVE TO…
- Individuals – we will consider giving to agencies that help individuals.
- Third Parties – An example would be if your group has a fundraiser to benefit a local charity. We’d rather give directly to the charity. This also applies to advertising publications, such as programs or guidebooks. We’d rather give directly to the group than advertise. Advertising often just pays for the printing of the programs and publications.
- Government-supported agencies other than schools. Also, we do not provide operational support for schools.
- Sponsorships of golf outings.
- Political campaigns
- Bricks & mortar – we are unable to fund construction projects.